« AnteriorContinuar »
Act the articles of association shall be deemed to be the special
place in pursuance of the said Companies Clauses act, and the date of the incorporation of the company, as certi
Consolidation Act, 1845, or as near thereto as cir. fied in manner aforesaid, shall be deemed to be the time of
cumstances admit; and the clauses of such last-menthe passing of the special act;" and whenever the term “pre
tioned act with respect to the transfer or transmisscribed” is used in this or in the said incorporated act, it shall
sion of shares shall, with the necessary alterations, mean “prescribed by the articles of association."
be held to apply to the transfer or transmission of Rights and Obligations of Company.
the interests of any such lessees as aforesaid.
11. The company may purchase the interest of any regis6. Every company incorporated under this act, and herein- tered lessee, and upon such purchase being made such interest after referred to as “the company," shall be established for shall be deemed to be extinguished, and the company may the purpose of providing dwellings for the labouring classes, demise the premises so purchased in the same manner as if no with or without private gardens, or with or without common previous lease thereof had ever before been made. gardens or places of common recreation for the use of the
12. If any funds of the company are advanced to any person inmates of such dwellings, and for no other purpose whatever ; | by way of loan, or are, with a view of gaining profit, approand for the above purpose the company shall have power to priated to any purpose other than the purpose for which the accept grants and leases of and to purchase and hold land, to company is hereby declared to be established, every director erect thereon dwellings for the labouring classes, and to let of the company shall
, in addition to any other liabilities he such dwellings to lodgers by the week or month, or to demise may be under to replace any such funds, be liable, at the suit the same to lessees for any estate or interest not greater than of any shareholder or other person, whether implicated or not a term of twenty one years, upon such terms of remuneration in such loan or misappropriation, to pay to such shareholder as they think fit; subject to this proviso, that the company or other person, to be applied by him to his own use, in shall not be entitled to hold at any one time more than ten respect of each such advance or misappropriation, a sum by acres of land, except with the license of the Committee of way of penalty not greater in amount than the sum so advanced Privy Council for Trade.
or misappropriated, and not less than half such sum. 7. The following regulations shall be made respecting any 13. If any dwelling belonging to the company is insuffidwellings provided by the company; that is to say,
ciently drained or ventilated, or insufficiently supplied with (1). All such dwellings shall, as respects drainage, ventila- water or necessary conveniences, or is in a bad state of repair,
tion, supply of water, and necessary conveniences, be the General Board of Health may, by order left at any office constructed and provided in such manner as may be of the company, or served on any director of the company, approved by the General Board of Health, and shall require the company, within a reasonable time, to be specified be maintained by the company in good and sufficient in such order, sufficiently to drain, ventilate, and supply with repair :
water and necessary conveniences, or put in a good state of (2). Any person appointed by the General Board of Health repair, such dwelling; and if default is made in compliance
may at all reasonable times inspect any such dwell with the requisitions of such notice, the company shall incur ings as aforesaid.
a penalty not exceeding 5l. for every day during which such 8. The following matters and things may be prescribed by default continues ; and it shall be lawful for any justices by the articles of association, and if so prescribed, but not other whom such penalty is imposed, if they think fit, to order the wise, shall be binding; that is to say,
whole or any part thereof to be laid out in executing the works (1). That the capital of the company may, with the approval in respect of which the penalty is incurred; and in addition to
of the Board of Trade, and subject to such condition the above remedy the said General Board may themselves do as they may impose, be increased by the issue of a the works required by such notice, and recover from the comprescribed number of shares, and of a prescribed pany in a summary manner the expenses of so doing the same; amount:
but any order made by the General Board in pursuance of this (2). That no premium is to be taken in respect of any lease section may be appealed against, and, on application by mogranted by the company :
tion, be set aside or otherwise modified by any of her Majesty's (3). That the interest granted to any lessee is not to exceed superior courts of law at Westminster. the prescribed term, such term being less than twenty- Board of Health in the inspection of any dwelling belonging to
14. If any person obstructs any inspector of the General one years : (4). That the interest of a lessee is not to be disposed of the company, he shall for each offence incur a penalty not exwithout the consent of the directors :
Miscellaneous. But no power hereby given sball be exercised in such manner as to prejudice any right under any subsisting lease, or contract
15. The provisions of the Lands Clauses Consolidation Act, for a lease.
1845, with reference to the purchase of lands by agreement, 9. In cases where it is prescribed by the articles of associa- shall be incorporated with this act, and shall apply to the purtion that the dwellings belonging to the company are to be let chase of land by the company in pursuance of this act. only to lodgers by the week or month, and not for any greater
16. All penalties imposed by this act, or by any bye-laws interval, the company may, as soon as half the subscribed made in pursuance of this act or of any act incorporated herecapital is paid up, borrow on the security of their property to with, and all sums of money hereby directed to be recovered in the prescribed amount, such amount not to exceed one-third a summary manner, may be recovered in a summary manner of such subscribed capital; but no mortgagee shall have power before two justices, as directed by an act passed in the 11 & 12 to eject any tenant before the expiration of his tenancy; and Vict. c. 43, intituled " An Act to facilitate the Performance of in no other case shall the company have power to borrow the Duties of Justices of the Peace out of Sessions within money.
England and Wales with respect to summary Convictions and 10. The following rules shall be observed with respect to
Orders." demises and letting made by the company :
17. This act shall not extend to Scotland. (1). The dwellings provided by the company, with the pri
vate gardens (if any) appurtenant thereto, shall be
Articles of Association of the
Company. sion, beginning with the figure one, each parcel being 1. The name of the company shall be “The Company." distinguished by a separate number :
2. The capital of the company shall be — pounds, divided (3). The interests of the lessees, other than monthly or into shares of pounds each.
weekly tenants, in the property of the company, shall 3. The first ordinary meeting of the company shall be held
least three-fourths in number and value of its shareAn Act for limiting the Liability of Members of certain Joint
holders who may be present, personally or by proxy, at stock Companies.
[14th August, 1855.) any general meeting summoned for that purpose, make
such alteration in the name, nominal value of shares, and Sect. 1. Mode of obtaining limited liability by future com. deed of settlement of the company as may be necessary panies.
for enabling it to comply with the conditions herein2. Mode of obtaining limited liability by companies now before mentioned with respect to joint-stock companies or hereafter registered.
seeking to obtain certificates of complete registration with 3. Mode of obtaining limited liability by existing com
limited liability; and upon compliance with such condipanies conslituted under privale acts of Parliament.
tions, the registrar, after the affairs of the company shall 4. Regulations to be observed on complete registration at the expense of the company have been audited by some with limited liability.
person appointed by the Board of Trade, and on certificate 5. Penalties to be inflicted for non-observance of such from the said board that the complete solvency thereof regulations.
has been established on such audit to its satisfaction, shall 6. Every increase in the nominal capital to be regis. grant to such company, by its new name, a certificate of tered, under a penalty.
complete registration with limited liability; and there7. Members of certificated companies to be free from upon all privileges and obligations hereby attached to personal liability.
companies with limited liability, their shareholders, di8. Effect of execution against company.
rectors, and officers, shall attach to the company named in 9. If dividends be made and corporation insolvent, each such certificate, its shareholders, directors, and officers.
director consenting thereto liable. 10. Notes of shareholders not receivable in payment of
3. Any joint-stock company, except as aforesaid, constituted calls : liability of each officer consenting to a loan under any private act of Parliament, whereof it shall be proved to shareholders.
to the satisfaction of the Board of Trade, after the affairs of 11. Rights of creditors of existing companies preserved. the company shall at the expense of the company have been 12. Change in the name of a company under the act not audited by some person appointed by the Board of Trade, that
to affect the rights of the company or other parties. the said company is perfectly solvent, and that not less than 13. Companies to be dissolved and wound up when three- 201. per centum of three-fourths of the nominal capital of such fourths of the capital lost.
company has been paid up, may obtain a certificate of com14. Auditors to be appointed, subject to approval of plete registration with limited liability, in manner and subject Board of Trade.
to the condition following; that is to say, 15. Recovery of penalties.
The directors of such company may, with the consent of at 16. Act to be taken as part of 7 & 8 Vict. c. 110.
least three-fourths in number and value of its shareholders 17. Provisions of 7 & 8 Vict.c. 111; 11 & 12 Vict.c. 45; who may be present, personally or by proxy, at any geneand 12 & 13 Vict. c. 108, to apply to this act.
ral meeting summoned for that purpose, make such altera18. Act not to apply to Scotland.
tion in the name and nominal value of shares as may be 19. Short title.
necessary for enabling it to comply with the condition in
that behalf hereinbefore mentioned with respect to jointWhereas it is expedient to enable members of joint-stock stock companies seeking to obtain certificates of complete companies to limit the liability for the debts and engagements
registration with limited liability; and upon compliance of such companies to which they are now subject : be it there. with such condition, the registrar, on receipt of a certififore enacted &c. as follows:
cate of the solvency of the company, and of the payment Sect. 1. Any joint-stock company to be formed under the
of capital as before mentioned, shall grant to such comact of the 8 Vict. c. 110, (other than an assurance company), with pany, by its new name, a certificate of complete regisa capital to be divided into shares of a nominal value not less
tration with limited liability; and thereupon all privileges than 101. each, may obtain a certificate of complete registration
and obligations hereby attached to companies with limited with limited liability upon complying with the conditions fol. liability, their shareholders, directors, and officers, shall lowing, in addition to doing all other matters and things now attach to the company named in such certificate, its required in order to obtain a certificate of complete registra- shareholders, directors, and officers. tion ; that is to say,
4. Every company that has obtained a certificate of com(1). The promoters shall state on their returns to the office plete registration with limited liability shall paint or affix, and
for provisional registration that such company is pro- shall keep painted or affixed, its name on the outside of every
posed to be formed with limited liability : (2). The word “ limited” shall be the last word of the name office or place in which the business of the company is carried of the company :
on, in a conspicuous position, in letters easily legible, and
shall have its name engraven in legible characters on its seal, (3). The deed of settlement shall contain a statement to and shall have its name mentioned in legible characters in all
the effect that the company is formed with limited notices, advertisements, and other official publications of such
liability : (4). The deed of settlement shall be executed by share company, and in all bills of exchange, promissory notes,
cheques, orders for money, bills of parcels, invoices, receipts, holders, not less than twenty-five in number, holding letters, and other writings used in the transaction of the busishares to the amount, in the aggregate, of at least ness of the company. three-fourths of the nominal capital of the company,
5. If such company do not paint or affix, and keep painted and there shall have been paid up by each of such
or affixed, its name in the manner aforesaid, each of the dishareholders, on account of his shares, not less than rectors thereof shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding 51. 201. per centum :
for not so painting or affixing its name, and for every day (5). The payment of the above per-centage shall be acknow, during which such name is not so kept painted or affixed ; and
ledged in or indorsed on the deed of settlement, and if any director or other officer of the company, or any person
or authorise the issue of any notice, advertisement, or other made in the 6 Will. 4, c. 62:
official publication of such company, or of any bill of exAnd upon such conditions being complied with, and such other change, promissory note, cheque, order for money, bill of matters and things done, the registrar of joint-stock companies parcels, invoice, receipt, letter, and other writing used in the shall grant a certificate of complete registration with limited transaction of the business of the company, wherein its name liability to such company.
is not mentioned in the manner aforesaid, he shall be liable to 2. Any joint-stock company, except as aforesaid, now or a penalty of 501., and shall further be personally liable to the hereafter completely registered under the said act of the 8 Vict. holder of any such bill of exchange, promissory note, cheque, (c. 110], may obtain a certificate of complete registration with or order for money, for the amount thereof, unless the same limited liability, in manner and subject to the condition fol shall be duly paid by the company. lowing; that is to say,
6. No increase to be made in the nominal capital of any The directors of such company may, with the consent of at l company that has obtained a certificate of complete registration with limited liability shall be advertised or otherwise such company, but every such creditor or other person shall treated as part of the capital of such company until it has be entitled to all such remedies against the company in its been registered with the registrar of joint-stock companies; corporate capacity, and against every person then being or and no such registration shall be made unless a deed is pro- having been a member of such company, as he would have duced to the registrar, executed by shareholders holding shares been entitled to in case such certificate had not been obtained. of the nominal value of not less than 101. to the amount in the 12. No alteration made by virtue of this act in the name of aggregate of at least three-fourths of the proposed increased any company shall prejudice or affect any right which precapital of the company, nor unless it is proved to the registrar, vionsly to such alteration has accrued to such company as by such acknowledgment and declaration as hereinafter men against any other company or person, or which has accrued to tioned, that upon each of such shares there has been paid up any other company or person as against such company, but by the holder thereof an amount of not less than 201. per every such company as against any other company or person, centum; and if any such increase of capital as aforesaid be and every other company or person as against such company advertised or otherwise treated as part of the capital of the and the members thereof, shall be entitled to all such remedies company before the same has been so registered, every direc- as they or he would have been entitled to if no such alteration tor of such company shall incur a penalty of 501.; and the had been made; and no such alteration shall abate or render payment of the above per-centage shall be acknowledged in or defective any legal proceeding pending at the time when such indorsed on the deed so produced, and the fact of the same alteration is made. having been bonâ fide so paid shall be verified by a declaration 13. In the case of any company which has obtained a cerof the directors, or any two of them, made in pursuance of the tificate of limited liability, whenever, on taking the yearly said act made in the 6 Will. 4, c. 62.
accounts of such company, or by any report of the auditors 7. The members of a joint-stock company which bas so thereof, it appears that three-fourths of the subscribed capital obtained a certificate of complete registration with limited liabi- stock of the company has been lost, or has become unavailable lity, after such certificate is granted, notwithstanding the pro- in the course of trade, from the insolvency of shareholders, visions contained in the said act of the 8 Vict. (c. 110), shall not or from any other cause, the trading and business of such combe liable under any judgment, decree, or order which shall pany shall forthwith cease, or shall be carried on for the sole be obtained against such company, or for any debt or en- purpose of winding up its affairs, and the directors of such gagement of such company, further or otherwise than is here- company shall forthwith take proper steps for the dissolution inafter provided.
of such company, and for the winding up of its affairs, either 8. If any execution, sequestration, or other process in the by petition to the Court of Chancery, or by exercise of the nature of execution, either at law or in equity, shall have powers of the deed of settlement, or by such other lawful been issued against the property or effects of the company, course as they may think most fit. and if there cannot be found sufficient whereon to levy or 14. In cases where a certificate of registration with limited enforce such execution, sequestration, or other process, then liability bas been obtained, when one auditor only shall have such execution, sequestration, or other process may be issued been appointed under the 38th section of the 8 Vict. c. 110, against any of the shareholders to the extent of the portions that single auditor, and when two or more such auditors shall of their shares respectively in the capital of the company not have been so appointed, then one of such auditors, shall be subthen paid up, but po shareholder shall be liable to pay, in satis-ject to the approval of the Board of Trade, and such board, in faction of any one or more such execution, sequestration, or case the auditor submitted to them for approval shall for any other process, a greater sum than shall be equal to the portion reason appear unfit or objectionable, shall appoint another in of his shares not paid up: provided always, that no such exe- his place. cution shall issue against any shareholder except upon an 15. Every pecuniary penalty imposed in pursuance of this order of the court, or of a judge of the court, in which the act shall be deemed a debt due to the Crown, and shall be action, suit, or other proceeding shall have been brought or recoverable accordingly. instituted, and such court or judge may order execution to 16. This act shall
, so far as is consistent with the contents issue accordingly, with the reasonable costs of such applica- and subject matter thereof, be taken as part of and construed tion and execution, to be taxed by a master of the said court; with the said act of the 8 Vict. c. 110, and the 11 Vict. and for the purpose of ascertaining the names of the sbare- c. 78; and all the provisions of the said acts, save in so far holders, and the amount of capital remaining to be paid upon as they are varied by this act, shall apply to persons and their respective shares, it shall be lawful for any person en companies applying for or obtaining a certificate of complete titled to any such execution, at all reasonable times, to inspect registration with limited liability. the register of shareholders without fee.
17. The provisions of the act of the 8 Vict. c. 111, and 9. If the directors of any such company shall declare and of the Joint-stock Companies Winding-up Act, 1848, and pay any dividend when the company is known by them to be of the Joint-stock Companies Winding-up Amendment Act, insolvent, or any dividend the payment of which would to their 1849, shall apply to persons and companies obtaining a certifi. knowledge render it insolvent, they shall be jointly and seve. cate of complete registration with limited liability, subject only rally liable for all the debts of the company then existing, and to such variations as may be occasioned by the provisions of for all that shall be thereafter contracted, so long as they shall this act. respectively continue in office; provided that the amount for 18. This act shall not apply to Scotland. which they sball all be so liable shall not exceed the amount of 19. This act may be cited for all purposes as “ The Limited such dividend ; and that if any of the directors shall be absent Liability Act, 1855." at the time of making the dividend, or shall object thereto, and shall file their objection in writing with the clerk of the
CAP. CXXXIV. company, they shall be exempted from the said liability.
10. No note or obligation given by any shareholder to the An Act to make further Provision for the more speedy and company whereof he is a shareholder, whether secured by any
efficient Despatch of Business in the High Court of Chancery, pledge or otherwise, shall be considered as payment of any
and to vest in the Lord Chancellor the Ground and Buildings money due from him on any share held by him, and no loan
of the said Court situate in Southampton-buildings, Chanof money shall be made by any such company to any share.
cery-lane, with Powers of leasing and Sale thereof. holder therein ; and if any such loan shall be made to a sbare
(14th August, 1855.) holder, the directors who shall make it, or who shall assent Whereas, for the prevention of delays and inconveniences in thereto, shall be jointly and severally liable to the extent of the carrying on of such portion of the business of the High such loan and interest for all the debts of the company con- Court of Chancery as is transacted by the Master of the Rolls tracted before the repayment of the sum so lent.
and the Vice-Chancellors respectively sitting at chambers, it is 11. Where any company completely registered under the requisite that an addition to the number of junior clerks atsaid act of the 8' Vict. (c. 110), or any company constituted tached to the courts of the said judges respectively should be under any act of Parliament, shall obtain a certificate of complete forthwith made, and a further like addition may hereafter beregistration with limited liability, the grant of such certificate come necessary: be it therefore enacted &c. as follows:shall not prejudice or affect any right which previously to the 1. It shall be lawful for the Master of the Rolls and every grant of such certificate has accrued to any creditor or other of the Vice-Chancellors to appoint forthwith after the passing person against the company in its corporate capacity, or of this act one additional junior clerk to each of their respective against any person then being or having been a member of chief clerks, and for the Master of the Rolls and the Vice
Chancellors for the time being respectively to fill up from tine cellor is hereby required to continue the said James Thomas to time such vacancies as may occur in the respective offices of | Fry as an officer of the Court of Chancery for the performthe junior clerks so appointed.
ance of the duties hereinbefore mentioned, or such other duties 2. Such of the provisions contained in the sections num. as aforesaid, after and notwithstanding that the abolition of bered respectively 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 44, and 45 of the act, the said office may have taken effect under this act. intituled “ An Act to abolish the Office of Master in Ordinary 10. Provision for continuance of the present Master's salary. of the High Court of Chancery, and to make Provision for the 11. Additional salary to present Clerks of Records and Writs more speedy and efficient Despatch of Business in the said in certain cases. Court," passed in the 15 & 16 Vict. c. 80, as relate to the 12. Salaries of the clerks in the Report-office. removal from office, striking off the rolls, tenure of office, 13. Power to Lord Chancellor to grant retiring allowance attendances, duties, prohibitions, prosecutions, penalties and to Alexander M.Kean. punishments, salaries and annuities, of and respecting the 14. How salaries, compensations, &c. to be paid. junior clerks by the same act authorised to be appointed, are 15. If any person shall wilsully take or make any false oath, hereby extended and applied to and in the case of the junior affirmation, or declaration before any solicitor authorised as clerks to be appointed under this act.
in the act of the 16 & 17 Vict. c. 78, is mentioned, such person 3. Lord Chancellor may increase salaries of chief clerks. shall be subject to all the pains and penalties of perjury, whe. 4. Salaries of junior clerks may be apportioned among them. ther the same oath, affirmation, or declaration shall or shall
5. The office of Master of Reports and Entries shall be and not have been taken or made at a place at which, under the the same is hereby abolished from the first occurrence of a provisions of the said last-mentioned act, the same oath, affirvacancy therein after the passing of this act, or from such other mation, or declaration might lawfully be taken or made; but period before the occurrence of a vacancy as the Lord Chan- every solicitor before whom any oath, affirmation, or declaracellor, with the advice and assistance of the Master of the tion shall be taken or made under the last-mentioned act shall Rolls, may by order direct.
state truly in the jurat or attestation at what place the same 6. From and after the time when such abolition shall take oath, affirmation, or declaration has been taken or made. effect, the business of the Report-oflice (except such part 16. And whereas, by divers acts of Parliament, the Court of thereof as is transacted by the entering clerks) shall be con- Chancery is empowered to make orders in respect of the dispoducted and carried on under the superintendence, direction, sition of trust funds, and other matters under its jurisdiction, and control of the Clerks of Records and Writs, who shall upon petition presented or motion made in a summary way, thenceforth discharge all such duties relative to the Report without bill, but such orders cannot be made in respect of office as may then belong to the office of the Master of Reports the same matters upon application at chambers: be it therefore and Entries, as far as the same may be from time to time ne- enacted, that the business to be disposed of by the Master of cessary or proper to be discharged; and such part of the bu- the Rolls and the Vice-Chancellors respectively while sitting siness of the Report-office as is transacted by the entering at chambers shall comprise such of the matters in respect of clerks shall be conducted and carried on by such entering clerks which the Court of Chancery is so as aforesaid empowered to (who shall be thenceforth styled “the Entering Clerks to the make orders in a summary way, as the Lord Chancellor, with Registrars ") under the superintendence, direction, and control the advice and assistance of the Master of the Rolls and the of the senior registrar for the time being, subject nevertheless, Vice-Chancellors, or of any two of them, may by any General as to all and every part of the business now transacted in the Order direct. Report-office, to such rules and regulations as the Lord Chan- 17. Repeal of sect. 51 of the 15 & 16 Vict. c. 80. celior, with the advice and assistance of the Master of the 18. The ground and buildings vested in the Lord Chancellor Rolls, may from time to time think fit by order to make con- in trust. cerning the same.
19. Power of leasing. 7. The provision contained in sect. 29 of the act intituled "An 20. Power of sale. Act for the Relief of the Suitors of the High Court of Chancery,' 21. Power to vest the ground, &c. in a purchaser. passed in the 15 & 16 Vict. c. 87, directing that the duties of the 22. Application of the rents, purchase monies, &c. Clerk of Reports (whose office was before by the same act abo- 23. “The Lord Chancellor.' lished) should be performed by such person or persons as the Lord Chancellor should appoint for that purpose, and providing for his or their salary or salaries, shall be and the same is hereby repealed, without prejudice, nevertheless, to any ap
LOCAL AND PERSONAL ACTS, pointment already made under the same provision.
8. The offices of the two clerks appointed under the last- DECLARED PUBLIC, AND TO BE JUDICIALLY NOTICED. mentioned provision to perform the duties of the Clerk of Re. ports shall be continued under this act, and upon any vacancy
18 & 19 VICTORIE.--SESSION 1854-55. in either of those offices it shall be lawful for the Lord Chancellor to fill up the vacancy; and if and when the Lord Chan. cellor, with the advice and assistance of the Master of the Rolls,
CAP. i. shall deem the appointment of more than two persons to be An Act to amend the Pudsey Gas Act, 1845, and to enable requisite for the due performance of the duties of the Clerk of the Company thereby incorporated to raise a further Sum of Reports, or otherwise for the due despatch of the business of the Money. Report-office, it shall be lawful for the Lord Chancellor to appoint from time to time, in addition to such two clerks and their
CAP. ii. successors as aforesaid, so many clerks of and in the Report An Act for incorporating the Woolwich, Plumstead, and office as occasion may require, and the Lord Chancellor, with Charlton Consumers Gas Company. the advice and assistance last aforesaid, may direct, and from time to time to fill up all or any of the vacancies which may occur in the offices of the clerks so appointed in addition as aforesaid.
CAP. iii. 9. Nothing in this act contained shall be taken to repeal or An Act to enable the Cambridge University and Town Water. alter, as far as regards James Thomas Fry, the present Master
works Company to raise further Money. of Reports and Entries, any of the provisions contained in the sections numbered respectively 34, 35, and 36 of the said act “ for the Relief of the Suitors of the High Court of Chancery,"
CAP. iv. relating to the countersigning by the Master of Reports and An Act to enable the Taunton Gas-light and Coke Company Entries of notes or cheques drawn by the Accountant-General to raise a further Sum of Money; and for other Purposes. of the Court of Chancery upon the Bank of England, and the payment thereof by the same Bank, and directing that the Master of Reports and Entries should also perform all such duties
CAP. v. (as well as the duties in the same act mentioned) as the Lord An Act for erecting and maintaining a Bridge over the River Chancellor should from time to time by any order direct, and Wye at a Place called Hoarwithy Ferry, in the Parishes of the same provisions shall respectively continue in full force as Hentland and King's Caple, in the County of Hereford, far as regards the said James Thomas Fry, and the Lord Chan- and for making convenient Approaches thereto.
CAP. xxiii. An Act to transfer to the Corporation of the Town of Brighton An Act to enable the South Wales Mineral Railway Company
the Property, Powers, Privileges, and Liabilities of the to grant a Lease of their Undertaking.
An Act for enabling the Southwark and Vauxhall Water Com. An Act for granting further Powers to the Folkestone Water- pany to raise additional Capital; and for other Purposes. works Company.
An Act to empower the Vale of Neath Railway Company to An Act for more effectually lighting with Gas the Town of
raise further Money for the Purposes of their Undertaking. Stalybridge and the Neighbourhood thereof, in the Counties of Chester and Lancaster, and in the West Riding of the
CAP. xxvi. County of York.
An Act to incorporate the Woolwich Equitable Gas Company, CAP. ix.
and to enable them to raise further Money; and for other An Act for supplying with Gas the Townships of Ossett-cum
Purposes. Gawthorpe, in the Parish of Dewsbury, and Horbury, in the Parish of Wakefield, all in the West Riding of the County An Act to enable the Torquay Market Company to raise a
CAP. xxvii. of York.
further Sum of Money, and to sell or lease their UnderCAP. x.
taking; and for other Purposes. An Act for enabling the Monmouthshire Railway and Canal Company to raise further Capital; and for other Purposes.
An Act to extend the Great North of Scotland Railway from CAP. xi.
Huntly to Keith. An Act for constructing a Railway from Bridport to Maiden Newton, on the Wilts, Somerset, and Weymouth Railway, An Act to enable the Chesterfield Waterworks and Gas-light
CAP. xxix. in the County of Dorset.
Company to extend their Undertaking ; and for other Pur
poses. CAP. xii. An Act to consolidate and amend the Provisions of the Act
CAP. xxx relating to the Ratcliff Gas-light and Coke Company.
An Act for making a Railway from the Towo of Jedburgh to
the Kelso Branch of the North British Railway at or near CAP. xiii.
the Roxburgh Station ; and for other Purposes. An Act to enable the Leeds, Bradford, and Halifax Junction Railway Company to raise additional Capital; and for other
CAP. xxxi. Purposes.
An Act for constructing a Market-house, Market-place, and
other Buildings for Public Accommodation at Bangor, in CAP. xiv.
the County of Carnarvon, and for the better Regulation and An Act for merging the Sheffield Gas Consumers Company in
Maintenance of the Markets there; and for other Purposes. the Sheffield United Gas-light Company; and for other Purposes.
An Act for more effectually supplying with Gas the Parish of An Act to authorise the Glossop Gas Company to raise
Rotherham, and certain
Places adjacent thereto, in the West Money; and for other Purposes.
Riding of the County of York.
a further Sum of Money, and to create Preferential Stock, Life Assurance Society to sue and be sued; and for other for the Purpose of paying off their Mortgage Debt.
Purposes with relation to the Society.
CAP. xxxiv. An Act for making a Railway from the Midland Railway, in An Act to enable the Company of Proprietors of the Birthe Parish of Cam, in the County of Gloucester, to the
mingham Waterworks to construct new Waterworks; and Town of Dursley.
for other Purposes. CAP. xviii.
CAP. xxxv. An Act to enable the Belfast and County Down Railway Com. | An Act for extending the Powers of the Plymouth and Stonepany to extend their Railway in the County of Down. house Gas- light and Coke Company; and for other Pur.
poses. CAP. xix.
CAP. xxxvi. An Act to grant further Powers to the Colchester, Stour Val. An Act for paving, draining, cleansing, lighting, and otherley, Sudbury, and Halstead Railway Company.
wise improving the District of St. Mark, Surbiton, in the
Parish of Kingston-upon-Thames, in the County of Surrey; CAP. XX.
and for other Purposes. An Act to enable the Heywood Waterworks Company to extend their Undertaking, and to increase their Capital.
An Act to incorporate the Stourbridge Gas Company, and to CAP. xxi.
enable them to light with Gas the Town of Stourbridge, in An Act for enabling the Grand Junction Waterworks Com.
Worcestershire, and other Places, pany to raise further Capital; and for other Purposes.
An Act to enable the East Indian Railway Company to issue An Act to re-incorporate Price's Patent Candle Company, and and register Shares and Securities in India ; and for other to extend its Powers.
Purposes in relation to such Company.