« AnteriorContinuar »
107. THERE was a little man and he had a little gun,
And his bullets they were made of lead, lead, lead; He went unto the brook, and shot a little duck,
And he hit her right through the head, head, head. Then he went home unto his wife Joan,
And bid her a good fire make, make, make; For to roast the little duck he had shot at the brook,
And he'd go and fetch home the drake, drake, drake.
108. DIDE a cock-horse to Banbury Cross, 10 To see what Tommy, can buy; A penny white cake, and a galloping-horse,
And a hugey penny pie.
OUND about, round about, maggoty pie;
ROBERT Rowley rolled a round roll round,
LU A round roll Robert Rowley rolled round; Where rolled the round roll Robert Rowley rolled round?
T ITTLE Tom Twig bought a fine bow and arrow;
112. T ADY-BIRD, lady-bird, fly away home, + Your house is on fire, your children at home; They're all burnt but one, and that's little Ann, And she has crept under the warming-pan.
113. To market, to market, to buy a plum-bun; 1 Home again, home again, market is done.
115. CVEE-SAW, Jack in a hedge, W Which is the way to London bridge One foot up, the other down, That is the way to London town.
THERE was an old man,
And he had a calf,
And that's all.
The noble sun begins to ride.
If you would the reason know,
Very cheerfully doth blow.
And the birds on every tree
Sing a merry, merry tune,
Comes to suck my sugar soon.
I my little leaves undo:
If I have not told you true.
When the wind blows the cradle will rock; When the bough breaks the cradle will fall, Down will come baby, bough, cradle, and all.'
PIDE, baby, ride,
Pretty baby shall ride,
To see her grandmother,
what to do; She gave them some broth without any bread, Then whipt them all soundly, and sent them to bed.
121. T ITTLE King Boggen he built a fine hall,
Pye-crust and pastry-crust, that was the wall; The windows were made of black puddings and
white, And slated with pancakes-you ne'er saw the like.
122. . To market, to market, to buy a fat pig; 1 Home again, home again, jiggety jig. Ride to the market, to buy a fat hog; Home again, home again, jiggetty jog.