« AnteriorContinuar »
T. Crofton, Northumberland, ship-owner. Sell, J. George-street, Tower-hill, cheesemonger. Lee, P. C. and W. Ballard, Hammersmith, linen Shepherd, W. Sloane-terrace, Chelsea, plumber. draper.
Simpson, N. Shelton, Stafford, manufacturer of Levy, H. Rathbone-place, glass-dealer.
earthenware. Lewis, J. Bristol, merchant.
Solomon, M. Great Prescott-street, hardwareman. Lloyd, F. Great Surrey-street, Blackfriars-road, Sparks, J. M. Mount-place, Whitechapel, mermalt-factor,
chant. Macmillac, J. Liverpool, merchant.
Spencer, J. M. Chipping Wycombe, Bucks, coachManall, W. Great Wild-street, Lincoln's-inn master. fields, baker.
Startling, T. Islington, bookseller.
Stewart, D. and W. M'Adam, Troweridge, tea-
Strachan, A. Liverpool, master-mariner.
Stunton, G. Brighton, carpenter.
Tibbet, R. Stepney, cheesemonger.
Tickner, J. late of Fitchem, Surry, and of BrighNeverd, W. Brunswick-street, Hackney-road, ton, Sussex, now of Padnel-corner, Essex, baker.
Valle, W. Newington-causeway, draper.
Vincent, J. Trowbridge, Wilts, clothier.
Watson, G. Lancaster, innkeeper.
Wignall, C. Liverpool, turpentine dealer.
and draper. Sanders, W. Wood-street, Cheapside, ribbon ma Wroots, R. and Joseph Adkins, Great Titchfieldnufacturer.
street, linen-drapers Seagrim, J. jun. Wilton, Wilts, carpet manufac
ALPHABETICAL List of Scotch BANKRUPTCIES, announced between the 1st
and 30th of November, 1824, extracted from the Edinburghi Gazette. Aitken, John, grocer and spirit-dealer, Hawick. Elliot, James, late merchant in Hawick; a final Grcig, James, writer in Kilmarnock, builder, and dividend on 18th January. printer, and publisher.
Forrester and Buchanan, wood-merchants in Glas-
gow; a dividend 10th December.
Henniker, J. and L. merchants in Glasgow ; a
dividend on 21st December. DIVIDENDS.
M'Gowans, Watson, and Company, merchants in Clark, Robert and Adam, cattle-dealers in White Glasgow; a dividend on 23d December. side; a dividend 15th December.
Sinclair, William, merchant in Lerwick ; a divi. Cochrane, Archibald, of Ashkirk, sometime mer dend 29th December.
chant, Fisher-row; a dividend 29th December.
APPOINTMENTS, PROMOTIONS, &c.
1 Life Gds. Cor. and Sub. Lt. Chetwynd, Lt. by
1 Nov. 1824.
purch. vice Wathen, 15 Dr. 4 do. John Barney Petre, Cor. by purch. vice Glyn
Cor. Bulkley, Lt. by purch. vice Me-
R. Whyte, Cor. by purch. vice Lord
Bt. Lt. Col. Lord G. W. Russell, Lt.
21 do. Bt. Maj. Badcock, from 14 Dr. Maj. by purc
28 do. Lt. Morgell, Capt.
21 do. Cor. Spooner, Lt.
do. B. Wodehouse, Cor.
14 Dr. Lt. H. Gage, Capt. by purch. vice Badcock, 8 Dr.
28 do. Cor. Musgrave, Lt. by purch. vice Willes, ret.
27 do Cor. Smith, do.
28 do. C. Delme, Cor.
do. J.-M. Dawson, Cor.
4 Nov. 15
Lt. Wathen, from 1 Dr. Lt. vice Bayard, ret.
do. Gren. Gds. 20 Lt. M'Kinnon, from Rifle Br. Ens. and Lt. by purch, vice Wigram,
do. Bn. Surg. Watson, Surg. Maj. více Nixon, ret.
U do. As. Surg. Armstrong, Surg. vice Wat
do. Coldst. Gds. Ens. Cotton, from 62 F. Ens. and Lt.
by purch. vice Graves, prom. 6 do. 1 F. Capt. Glover, Maj. by purch. vice Bt. Lt. Col. Nixon, ret.
21 Oct. Lt. Suckling, Capt.
do. Ens. Temple, Lt.
do. E. Every, Ess.
Ens. Lord S. A. Chichester, from 43
Jaffray Nicholson, Ens by purch. F. Lieut. by purch. vice Greaves,
20 Nov. prom. 34 F.
4 Nov. Rifle Brig. Gent. Cadet J. S. Cameron, from R. BE. Lt. Col. A. S. King, from h. p.
Mil. Coll. 2d Lt. by purch. vice M'98 F. Maj. vice Gordon, exch. 11 do.
Kinnon, Gren. Gds. 4 Nov. Lieut. Hutchison, from h. p., Staff 2 W. I. R. Lt. Hamilton, from 99 F. Capt. by Corps Cav. Lt. vice Rigney, dead
purch. vice Ross, Afr. Col. Corps 5 May;
21 Oct. Ens. Henley, Lt. vice O'Hara, dead Ceylon R. Lt. Malcolm, Capt. vice Dunne, dead 25 do.
4 May. Luxmore, Lt. vice Wall, dead
20 Lt. Mylius, 1st Lt. vice Smith, 11 June. dead
30 do. G. Mylius, Ens.
28 Oct. W. S. Smith, do.
20 Lt. Warburton, 1st Lt. vice MalStaff Qua. Mas. Serj. Ward, Qua.
11 Nov. Mas. vice Kingsley, dead
Fra. Norris Toole, 2d Lt. vice WarSurg. White, from h. p. 84 F. Surg.
do. vice Callow, exch.
11 Nov. Afr. Col. Co. Capt. Ross, from 2 W. I. R. Capt. Maj. Faunt, Lt. Col. by purch. vice
vice Donald, ret.
21 Oct. Dickens, ret.
Qua. Mast. Serj. Brown, of late W. I. Capt. Davies, Maj.
Rang. Qua. Mast. vice Mahon, dead Lt. Greaves, from 7 F. Capt. do.
28 do. Lt. Cairns, Capt: by purch. vice Fra
Geo. Anth. Nott, Paym. 24 do. ser, 50 F.
4 Nov. 2 R. Vet. Bn. Lt. Griffiths, from h. p. R. Art. DriEns. Skerry, Lt.
vers, Lt, vice Griesbach, returns to Hon. F. Petre, Ens.
Capt. Fox, from 95 F. Maj. of Inf. by vice Lord Chichester, prom. in 7
purch. vice Bt. Lt. Col. Long, ret.
6 Nov. 1824, F.
Capt. Chichester, from 2 Life Gds. W. Hope, Ens, vice Harrison, 83 F.
Maj. of Inf. by purch. vice Bt. Lt.
Lt. Hon. W. T. Graves, from Coldst. Bt. Lt. Col. Fraser, from 36 F. Maj.
Gds. Capt. by purch. vice Bt. Maj.
Dalzel, ret. by purch. vice Price, ret. 4 do.
Lt. Beauclerk, from 99 F. Capt. by Capta Shaw, from 97 F. Capt. vice
do. Bartley, h. p. 89 F.
purch. vice Payne, ret. 20 do. G. Brockman, 2d Lt. by purch. vice
Bt. Maj. Kilvington, h. p.
30 Sept. 1824, vice Read, h. p.
2d Capt. Melhuish, from h. p. 2d Ens. Liddeel, Adj. vice Wolff, res.
Capt. vice Macdonald, ret. 28 do. Adj. only
19 Aug. W. Guard, Ens. by purch. vice Cot
Garrisons. ton, Coldst. Gds.
Lt. Schwartz, h. p. Nova Scotia Fen. Lt. Mair, from 47 F. Lt. vice A. Stew
Town Adj. of Cape Breton, vice art, h. p. 47 F.
Weeks, dead 25 June, 1824.
Assist. Surg. Hunter, from h. p. 2 purch. vice Lyttleton, ret. 28 Oct.
Gar. Bn. Assist. Surg. vice Hosp. Gent. Cadet, J. Graham, fm. R. Mil.
Assist. Ewing, 21 F. 8 Sept. 1824. Coll. Ens. by purch. vice Townsend, 73 F.
W. Thompson, Hosp. As. vice Geddes, dead
12 Oct. Lieut. Hutchinson, from 16 F. Lieut.
Surg. Maj. Nixon, of Gren. Gds. to Wood, h. p. 23 F. 11 Nov.
have the Rank of Insp. of HospiLt. Duval, Capt. by purch. vice Jen
tals, without any additional Pay kins, ret. 28 Oct.
10 Nov. Ens. March, Lt.
do. A. Splaine, Ens.
Rev. R. J. Hatchman, A.B. Chap-
lain to the Forces, vice R. G. CurEns. Harrison, from 45 F. Lt vice
tois, h. p.
11 Oct. 1824. Summerfield, dead
11 Nov. Major Lockyer, from 19 F. with Major Lenn, 57 F. Bt. Maj. Dixon, Maj. vice Wright, Capt. Forster, from 75 F. with Capt. Lord Churchdead
hill, h. p. 85 F. Lt. Cox, Capt. vice Dixon
Lieut. Harrison, from 53 F. with Lieut. Adams, Ens. Popham, Lt. vice Cox do. Cape Corps.
Eyles, Lt. by purch, vice Mac Paym. Bowden, from 2 F. with Paym. Darby, h. lean, 95 F.
h. p. 42 F.
Resignations and Retirements.
Nixon, 1 F.
Dickens, 34 F.
Price, 50 F.
Long, R. Mar.
20 Nov. Major Dalzell, R. Mar.
p. 21 Dr.
Capt. Jenkins, 81 F.
Chap. Raddish, h. p. 132 F. 19 July, 1824. Donald, R. Afr. Col. Corps.
Paym. Coward, h. p. 2 Dr. Tarbolton, near KilLieut. Willes, 14 Dr.
30 Sept. 1824. · Wigram, Gren. Gds.
Adj. Lt. Wall, of late 3 Vet. Bn. Jersey,
11 Nov. 1824. Hosp. Assist. J. Thornton.
Loy, h. p. Rec. Dist.
8 Jan. C. Pargeter.
Quart. Mas. Kingsley, 30 F.
Dukes, h. p. Horse Gds. 23 Feb. 1821. Deaths.
Tranter, h. p. 16 Dr. Ipswich, 24 Oct.
March 23. Dr Schetky, Dep. Inspector of Hosp. on the pass-
age from Sierra Leone to Cape Coast Castle, 9 Nov. 1824.
5 Sept. 1824, Col. W. Marlay, Dep. Qua. Mast. Gen. at Madras, Haigh, h. p. Physic. 16 O.
6 May, 1824. Staff Surg. Bach, h. p. Wurtemberg. Lieut. Col. Warren, 17 F. East Indies.
Surg, Wynne, h. p. 57 F. formerly of R. Wagg.
7 Sept. Perry, 38 F. Fort William, Bengal, 11 Apr. Coote, Wallajahabad, Madras,
Removed by Sentence of a General Court Sheehy, 89 F.
Martial, held at Gibraltar, 6th July, Sir J. A. Giffard, Bt. h. p. 24 Dr. 28 Aug. 1824.
1821. Ensign and Adj. Coward, 94 F.
6 June, 1823.
Discharged by Sentence of the same Court
26 Apr. 1824.
Lieut. White, 94 F.
under the command of Brigadier GeneBurmese,
5 June. ral Sir Archibald Campbell, K. C. B. Cartwright, R. Afri. Col. Corps, Cape Lieutenant Colonel of the 38th RegiCoast,
29 Aug. Mackenzie, do. do.
ment, against the Dominions of the Brown, of late Inval. Windsor, 7 Nov. King of Ava, between the 16th May and Balley, of late V. Bn.
16th June, 1824.
Smith, h. p. Wagg. Train, Britford, near Between the 16th and 31st May.
Kerr, 38 F.
ously. Fraser, h. p. 8 W. I. R.
7 Feb. Lieut. Mitchell, 38 F. right leg amputated, and M.Leod, h. p. Dunlop's Corps, Rasay, In. left leg severely wounded. vernesshire,
3 Oct. 1823.
Lieut. O'Halloran, 38 F. left leg amputa-
16 Apr. 1821. Between the 1st and 16th June.
May, 1824. Lieut. Petry, 13 F. slightly.
Grimes, 38 F. slightly.
1 July, 1824. Ensign Kershaw, 13 F. slightly.
BIRTHS, MARRIAGES, AND DEATHS.
6. At No. 10, Great King's Street, Mrs Campbell, BIRTHS.
of a son,
who lived only a short time.
7. At Tayfield, Mrs Berry, of a son.
Gairdner, of a son.
Ulbster, of a son. 23. At Cultmalundie, the lady of Lieut.-Colonel 9. At'Yester, the Marchioness of Tweeddale of a Cunningham, of the Bombay Army, of a daugh son. ter.
10. At Rockvale House, Mrs M Queen of a son, - At Achagoyle House, Argyllshire, Mrs Keith who lived only a short time. Macallister, of a daughter.
11. At Jersey, the lady of Major Fyers, Royal 28. At St Andrews, the lady of Professor Alex. Engineers, of a daughter. ander, of a son.
- At Bellevue Crescent, Mrs James Balfour, 31. At Sea Lodge, Leith, Mrs J. R. Forrest, of of a son. a son.
At Hallrule, Roxburghshire, the lady of Nov. 2. At Kirkmay House, the lady of Ro Willium Filder, Esq. Deputy Commissary-Genebert Inglis, Esq. of Kirkmay, of a daughter. ral, of a son,
4. In Charlotte Square, the lady of Thomas 14. At Chatham, the lady of Lieut.-Colonel Maitland, Esq. younger of Dundrennan, of a Pasley, of the Royal Engineers, of a son. daughter.
- At Woolwich, the lady of Capt. H. W. Gor5. At Kelso Manse, Mrs Lundie, of a son. don, of the Royal Artillery, of a son.
16. Mrs George Hogarth, No. 2, Nelson Street, line Susan Cerjat, daughter of Henry Cerjat, of a son.
Esq. 17. At Brighton Place, Portobello, the lady of 13. In George Street, Edinburgh, the Right Major Davidson, of a son.
Hon. the Earl of Glasgow, to Miss Julia Sinclair, At Parkhill, the lady of Robert Warden, daughter of the Right Hon. Sir John Sinclair, Esq. of Parkhill, of a son.
Bart. 18. In George Square, Mrs Mitchell, of a 15. At Edinburgh, John Taylor, Esq. attorney daughter.
in Exchequer, to Dorothea Judith, fourth daugh20. At Glasgow, Mrs Thomas Hunter, Hope ter of the late Lieut.-Colonel Lewis Hay, of the Street, of twin daughters.
Royal Engineers. 21. At Tunbridge Wells, the Hon. Mrs Stewart - At Inverness, Donald Macqueen, Esq. of Mackenzie of Seaforth, of a son.
Corrybrough, Captain in the Madras Cavalry, to 23. At Hythe the Right Hon. Lady Greenock, Margaret, daughter of James Grant, Esq. of Bught. of a son and heir.
16. At Hamilton, Mr Alexander Stewart, St:a- In George Street, Mrs Donaldson, of a son. ven House, to Sarah, daughter of Robert White
24. At Weens House, Roxburghshire, Mrs Cleg head, Esq. M.D. Hamilton. horn of Weens, of a daughter.
At Edinburgh, Mr George
Gilmour to Mary, 26. In Windsor Street, the lady of Capt. Deans, eldest daughter of Mr John M Glashan, merchant. Royal Navy, of a son.
17. At Stirling, the Rev. John Jaffray, minister - At Little Bookham Rectory, Surrey, the lady of Dunbar, to Isabella, second daughter of the of the Rev. George Boilean Bollen, of a son. late Thomas Lucas, Esq. surgeon, Stirling.
- At Trinity House, Mrs Scot of Trinity, of a 19. At Dunfermline, Mr James Fotheringham, daughter.
manufacturer, to Isobel Ferguson, only daughter 27. At 32, Gayfield Square, Mrs Chas. Tawse, of Mr John Ferguson, merchant there. of a daughter.
23. At Dunfermline, by the Rev. Mr Barlas, Mr - Mrs Hunter of Thurston, of a daughter. James Hutton, ironmonger, to Margaret, only 28. Mrs J. A. Cheyne, No. 9, Castle Street, of daughter of Mr Robert Morgan, Pittencrieff.
- At Musselburgh, Captain William Walker, 29. In Union Street, Mrs Robert Dunlop, of a 85th regiment of foot, to Catherine, eldest daughdaughter.
ter of the late G. C. Ogilvie, Esq. 30. In Bryanston Square London, the lady of 24. At Haddington, Mr Alexander Fyfe, surLieutenant-General Sir Thomas Hislop, Bart. geon, St Patrick Square, Edinburgh, to Ann, seG.C.B. of a daughter.
cond daughter of the late Mr Andrew Matthew. - At Montpelier Park, Burrowmuirhead, the 26. Mr David Young, merchant, Leith, to wife of R. Scott, Esq. of a son.
Christiana, daughter of the late Mr William Roy, - At Pilrig Street, Leith Walk, Mrs B. Oliver, farmer, Unthank, Fife. of a son.
- At Edinburgh, Lieutenant-Colonel Douglas
of Greencroft, Dumfries-shire, to Jane WilhelMARRIAGES.
mina, second daughter of the late Erskine DouMay 12. At Agra, in Bengal, J. W. Boyd, Esq. glas, Esq. M.D. of the Hon. East India Company's Medical Service, Lately. At West Grinstead Park, Sussex, Gato Miss Helen Merchande.
briel Shaw, Esq. to the Hon. Frances Erskine, June 2. At Calcutta, Captain Joseph Orchard, eldest daughter of Lord Erskine. of the Hon. Company's 1st European regiment, to - At Berlin, the King of Prussia to the PrinMiss Maria Douglas, niece of Lieut.-Col. John cess of Leignitz. She received the left hand of his Lewis Stewart.
Majesty at the altar, in place of the right, as a Oct. 28. At Niddrie Mains, Mr William Hope, mark of her inferiority in rank to his Majesty, farmer, Duddingstone, to Mary, daughter of Mr The marriage was private. She is said to be 26 Thomas Park, Bankhead.
years of age, and beautiful. Nov. 1. David Smart, Esq. Inch Grundle, to Julia Richardson, eldest daughter of Wm. Rich
DEATHS. ardson, Esq. of his Majesty's Customs, Leith, April 9. At Calcutta, Mr Hall Jop, and on the
2. At Gossford, Captain Wildman, of the 7th 27th, at same place, Mr Wiliam Sibbald Jop, Hussars, to Lady Margaret Charteris, daughter merchant, Leith. of the Earl of Wemyss and March.
May 20. At Assam, of the cholera morbus, - At Hartshead Church, Yorkshire, Charles while in command of the troups belonging to the John Brandling, Esq. of the 10th Royal Hussars, East India Company sent to that country, Colonel to Henrietta, youngest daughter of Sir George George M‘Morine. Armytage, Bart. of Kirklees, in the same county. - At Calcutta, James Hare, jun. son of James
- At the English Chapel, Lausanne, Switzer Hare, M. D. apothecary.general. land, Thomas Medwin, Esq. of the late 24th 25. At Kandy, in Ceylon, of a fever caught on Light Dragoons, to Anne Henrietta, Countesse de an official tour in the Seven Korles, the Hon. Sir Starnford.
John D'Oyly, Bart. - At Edinburgh, James Glen, Esq. distiller, June 26. At Salem, near Madras, Robert John Mains, Linlithgow, to Ann, daughter of the late Hunter, Esq. son of the late Sir John Hunter, Mr George Heriot.
Consul-general in Spain ; and at the same place, 4. At Vienna, the Archduke Francis Charles to on the 3d July, Mrs Hunter. the Princess Sophia of Bavaria.
July 22. At St Croix, John Gordon, Esq. of 5. At
Lint House, George Kinnear, Esq. banker Cane Valley, in the 83d year of his age. in Edinburgh, to Euphemia, daughter of Robert Sept. 1. At Kingston, Jamaica, Mr John M'Feat, Watson, Esq. banker in Glasgow.
son of Mr Walter M'Feat, of Glasgow. - At Ayr, Mr Garbutt, of the Theatre Royal, 2. At Andrews, Jamaica, Robert Lithan MowEdinburgh, to Martha, youngest daughter of the bray, eldest son of Mr Mowbray, W. S. late Mr David M.Whinnie, writer, Ayr.
12. At Black River, Jamaica, Alexander Bruce, 10. At Edinburgh, James Hay, Esq. of Belton, Esq. of St Elizabeth's. Captain in the royal navy, to Miss Stewart of 14. At Florence, Captain Donald Mackalister of Physgill.
Loup and Torresdale. At Auchtertyre, in the county of Forfar, by October 14. At Losset, near Campbeltown, Capthe Rev. Mr Smith, Newtyle, James Anderson, tain Nash, R. N. Esq. Cupar Grange, to Jessie, only daughter of 19. At Anstruther, Mr David Rogers, senior, William Watson, Esq. Auchtertyre.
corn factor. 11. At Setonhill, Mr Charles Crawford, East 20. At Kenmore, Mr James Macknaughton, Fortune, to Jane May, daughter of the late John surgeon. Dods, Esq.
21. Robert Pollock, Esq. of Cross-bank. - At Edinburgh, the Rev. James Reid Brown, - At Sainte Adresse, in Normandy, aged 70, minister of the High Chapel, Berwick, to Mary Robert Charles Dallas, Esq. formerly of the isMargaret, eldest daughter of Mr Burke, St An land of Jamaica, and author of the History of the drew's Square.
Maroon War, Percival, Aubrey, &c. 12. At the Protestant Church, at Lausanne, in 22. At the Hotwells, Bristol, Sarah Gordon, Switzerland, Captain Wynne Baird, son of Ro third daughter of the late Cornelius Durant Batbert Baird, Esq. of Newbyth, and nephew to Ge telle, of the island of St Croix. neral Sir David Baird, Bart. &c. to Miss Made 23. At Kerse, Mrs Greenshields; and on the
26th, Isabella, youngest daughter, of John Green 16. At Perth, Cecilia Austin, daughter of Capshields, Esq. of Kerse.
tain Joseph Austin of Kilspindy, and relict of the 25. At Aberdeen, Francis Suther, Esq. factor late John Gloag, Esq. of Greenhill, aged 86. to the Marquis and Marchioness of Stafford, on 17. At Transy, near Dunfermline, John Wilson, the estate of Sutherland.
Esq. late provost of Dunfermline.
very painful illness, the Rev. Robert Andrew
- At Meadow Place, Miss Helen Jervis Ra- John Hamilton, Esq. of Broomfield.
mage. 30. At Dublin, after a protracted illness, the 18. At Edinburgh, Hugh Fraser, Esq. younger Rev. C. R. Maturin, M. A. Curate of St Peter's. of Eskadale.
- Mrs Janet Watson, wife of John Scales, wri - In Buccleuch Street, Miss Clementina Clegter, Glasgow.
horn. - At Southampton, the wife of Lieutenant 19. At Edinburgh, Emily Jane, fifth daughter Henry Downes, R. N. She retired to rest in per of General Sir John Hope. fect health. They were married only a fortnight. - At Edinburgh, Mr's Ann Christie, widow of
Nov. 1. At Edinburgh, Miss Mary Reid, third Captain James Christie, of the city guard. daughter of the late Rev. James Reid of Kinglas 20. At Edinburgh, Mrs Harriet Mitchelson, resie.
lict of Dr Daniel Rutherford, Professor of Botany - At Howburn, Miss Janet White.
in the University of Edinburgh. 2. At her house, Leith Street, Mrs Anne Donald 21. Mr John Chambers, of the White Horse inn, son, relict of Mr Thomas Donaldson, merchant. Canongate.
- At Irvine, William Snodgrass, Esq. in his 29. Åt Comely Bank, Mrs Isabella Bennet, re84th year.
lict of Archibald Hope, Esq. Collector of Excise. - In the 720 year of his age, John Craig, Esq. At Springfield, General the Hon. John Leslie of Kirkton.
Cuming: - Mrs Anne Welsh, relict of Mr Alexander 23. John Erskine, Esq. late of the 94th regiment. Tweedie, late in Dreva.
25. Mr John White, journeyman compositor 4. At Dalkeith, in his 71th year, Dr Andrew with Mr Neill, Old Fishmarket Close.-He may Graham, physician.
be said to have lost his life by the late fires, ha - At Mousewald Manse, the Rev. Jacob Dick ving been in good health on Monday the 16th, and son, minister of that parish.
in consequence of his exertions during the two 6. At Dunfermline, the Rev. Dr Black, one of nights of the calamity, was seized with inflammathe ministers of the Chalmers' Street congrega
tion of the chest.
26. At No. 7, Bellevue Crescent, Edward, the - At Ecclefechan, James Miller, Esq. of Castle infant son of James Balfour, Esq. bank.
- At Cardon, Mr Alexander Welsh. - At Dumfries, Robert Leef, merchant, Edin - At Edinburgh, Thomas Scotland, Esq. W.S. burgh.
27. Jessie, daughter of Mr French, Lothian 7. At Stockbridge, Mr Charles Manson, late of Street, aged 17. Tobago.
28. In Nicholson Square, Mrs Marion Brown, - At Crescent, near Dundee, Miss Brown, spouse of James Spittal, Esq. merchant, aged 52. daughter of the late Professor Brown, St Andrews, - At St Andrews, the Rev. Dr John Cook, Proand sister to the Rev. Principal Brown, Aberdeen. fessor of Divinity, St Mary's College.
- At Kirkaldy, Mr Henry Oliphant, third son - At Jock's Lodge, Major Morrison, Royal of the late Henry Oliphant, Esq.
Marines. 8. At the Manse of Annan, the Rev. William 29. At Fountainbridge, near Edinburgh, Mr DaHardie Moncrieff, minister of that parish.
vid Greig, writer, Greenock. - At Castlebains near Edinburgh, Mr John - At Salisbury Cottage, Martha, infant daughAlexander, accountant.
ter of James Douglas, Esq. accountant, Commer9. At Dublin, Richard Earl of Annesley, Vis cial Bank of Scotland. count Glerawly, and Baron Castlewillan.
- At Edinburgh, Mrs Blair, relict of Hugh • 10. At his seat, Dallam Tower, Westmoreland, Blair, Esq. of Dunroad, in her 86th year. Daniel Wilson, Esq. in his 78th year.
30. At Edinburgh, J. G. Schetky, Esq. aged 11. At Paisley, Mr James Orr, of the house of 85, for many years a professor of music in this William Orr and Son, manufacturers.
city; and at Cape Coast Castle, on the 5th of Sep13. At Hendon, Thomas Nicol, formerly lieu tember, his son, John Alexander Schetky, Fellow tenant-colonel of the 70th regiment.
of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 11. At Dalkeith, Mr John Bruce, son of the Deputy Inspector of Hospitals, and Member of late Mr Alexander Bruce, upholsterer.
Council at Sierra Leone. 15. At Gayfield Square, Mrs Anna Foggo, wi Lately, In Patrick county, Virginia, John dow of the Rev. James Watson, one of the mini Camson, aged 120 years. sters of Canongate.
- At Drumlanrig toll-bar, on his way from 16. At Edinburgh, the infant son of Laurence Ayr to London, Captain Kissock, R. N. aged 36. Johnston, Esq. of Sands.
He was in robust health when he commenced his -- At Killermont, Miss Laura Colquhoun, journey. youngest daughter of the late Lord Clerk Register.