« AnteriorContinuar »
8. If a bushel of wheat weighs 60 pounds, how many bags that hold 2 bushels each will be required to hold 4800 pounds?
9. What will 5 pounds of indigo cost at 5 cents an ounce? What will 7 pounds cost?
MEASURES OF TIME.
The names of the ordinary divisions of time are seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years.
1. How many seconds are there in 5 minutes ? In 6 minutes ? In 10 minutes ?
2. How many minutes are there in 2 hours ? In 1 of an hour ? In # of an hour ?
3. How many hours are there in 2 days? In I of a day? In } of a day? In of a day?
4. How many days are there in 4 weeks? In 6 weeks? In 7 weeks? In 10 weeks?
5. What part of an hour are 30 minutes ? 15 minutes ? 45 minutes ?
6. How many hours are there in 90 minutes ? In 120 minutes? In 180 minutes ?
7. How many centuries are there in 1500 years? 8. Of what century is the year 1501 a part ?
TABLE OF MONTHS.
Order. Name. No. of Days. Season,
1st. January, 31.
365 or 366.
RHYME OF THE MONTHS.
Thirty days hath September,
1. Repeat the months in their order.
2. What is the 5th month ? The 7th ? 4th? The 3d? The 10th? The 8th?
3. What are the months of Winter? Summer? Spring? Autumn ?
4. How many months have 30 days? How many 31 days?
COUNTING. The following denominations are used in counting some classes of articles :
1. How many eggs are there in 6 dozen eggs? 2. How many dozen are there in 2 great gross ? 3. How many are 1 dozen dozens of eggs?
4. How old is a man who is 3 score years of age? 3 score and 10?
The denominations used in the paper trade are:
24 sheets are equal to 1 quire.
1. How many sheets of paper are there in 2 quires ? In Ž of a quire? In of a quire ?
2. How many quires are there in 2 reams? In * of a ream? In 1 of a ream ?
3. What will be the cost of a ream of paper at 20 cents a quire ? At 1 cent a sheet ?
1. The method of expressing numbers by letters
L, C, D, M.
TABLE OF ROMAN NOTATION.
1 | XXII