« AnteriorContinuar »
IV. General remarks on the three first vials.
3. The third vial ceased to flow in the summer of the
1. The fourth vial is poured out on the figurative sun, in the
5. As the period of the fifth vial comprehends the term
of the Roman beast's allegorical death or political
summary of its contents first given by the Apostle, but
this precise chronological point of the Apocalypse ;
that is to say, subsequent to the expiration of the
latter three times, and immediately before the com-
mencement of the Millennium. p. 428.
3. The whole of this theory rests ultimately upon the
gratuitous assumption : that all the texts, which
announce a future coming of Christ in glory, re-
late to one and the same event, namely the literal
second advent of the Lord; and, consequently,
that all texts, which contain any such annuncia-
tion, cannot be interpreted figuratively, but must
of very necessity be interpreted literally. p. 432.
4. Though no demonstration of their theory has been
attempted, so far as I can find, either by Mr. Mede