« AnteriorContinuar »
17. Because thou sayst, I am rich, and increased with Goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.
See the References pag. 189, 190, 191.
Of the Divine Omniscience. Ver. 2. 2.FOR (6) there is nothing covered, that shall not
be REVEALED; neither #ID, that shall not be KNOWN.
3. Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in DARKNESS, shall be heard in the LIGHT; and that which ye have spoken in the Ear in Clofets, shall be proclaimed upon the
(6) 1 Sam. ii. 3. The Lord is a God of KNOWLEDGE, and by him Actions are weighed.
Job xxi. 22. Shall any teach God KNOWLEDGE? feeing he judgeth those that are high.
Chap. xxxiv. 21. For his Eyes are upon the Ways of Man, and he feeth all his GOINGS.
22. There is no Darknels nor Shadow of Death, where the Workers of INIQUITY may hide themselves.
i Chron. xxvii. 9. And thou, Solomon my Son, know thou the God of thy Father, and serve him with a perfect Heart, and with a willing Mind: for the Lord searcheth all Hearts, and understandeth all the Imaginations of the Thoughts : if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forlake him, he will cait thee off for ever.
Psalm vii. 9. O let the Wickedness of the Wicked come to an End, but establish the Just: for the righteous God TRIETH the HEARTS and REINS.
P/. xxxiii. 13. The Lord looketh from Heaven: he BEHOLD Eth all the Sons of Men.
14. From the Place of his Habitation he looketh upon all the Inhabitants of the Earth.
15. He fathioneth their HEARTS alike: he considereth all their WORKS.
P/. xciv. 9. He that planted the Ear, shall he not HEAR ? be that formed the Eye, shall he not fee?
10. He that chaitiselh the Heathen, Thall not he correct? He that teacheth Man KNOWLEDGE, shall not he know?
11. The Lord knoweth the THOUGHTS of Man, that they are Vanity.
Pf. cxxxix. 1. O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2. Thou knoweft my down-fitting, and mine up-rising, thou understandest my Thought afar off.
3. Thou compasseft my Path, and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my Ways.
4. For there is not a Word in my Tongue, but lo, O Lord, thou knowelt it altogether.
5. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine Hand upon me.
6. Such KNOWLEDGE is too wonderful for me ; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
Prov. xv. 3. The Eyes of the Lord are in every Place, beholding the Evil and the Good.
11. Hell and Destruction are before the Lord : how much more then the Hearts of the Children of Men?
Jer. xvi. 17. For mine Eyes are upon all their Ways: they are not hid from my Face, neither is their INIQUITY HID from mine Eyes.
Chap xxiii. 24. Can any hide himself in secret Places that I fhall not see him? faith the Lord : Do not I fill Heaven and Earth? faith the Lord.
Afts xv. 18. Known unto God are all his Works, from the Beginning of the World.
See the References pag. 189, 190, 191.
Ver. 4 khe , ,
ND I say unto you, my Friends, Be not APRAID have no more that they can do.
5. But (C) I will forewarn you whom you shall PLAR : Fear him, which after he hath killed, hath Power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, FEAR him.
(). Joshua i. 6. Be strong and of a good Courage : for unto this People Malt thou divide for an Inheritance the Land which I sware unto their Fathers to give them.
7. Only be thou strong and very couragious, that thou mayst obierve to do according to all the Law, which Mofes my Servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right Hand or to the left, that thou mayit prosper whithersoever thou goelt. H h 2
Job ix. 1. Then Yob answered and said, 2. I know it is lo of a Truth: but how should Man be juft with God?
3. If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.
4. He is wise in Heart, and Mighty in Strength : who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered ?
Chap. xxviii. 28. And unto Man he said, Behold, the FEAR of the Lord, that is WISDOM, and to depart from Evil, is UNDER
Pf. iv. 4. Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own Heart upon your Bed, and be still.
P/. xxv. 12. What Man is he that PEARETH the Lord ? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
13. His Soul shall dwell at ease : and his Seed shall inherit the Earth.
14. The Secret of the Lord is with them that FEAR him : and he will shew them his Covenant.
PS. xxxi. 19. O how great is thy Goodness which thou hast laid up for them that Fear thee : which thou hast wrought for them that TRUST in thee, before the Sons of Men !
PS. xxxiii. 8. Let all the Earth fear the Lord : let all the Inhabitants of the World stand in awe of him.
18. Behold, the Eye of the Lord is upon them that FEAR him: upon them that hope in his Mercy.
19. To deliver their Soul from Death, and to keep them alire in Famine.
PS. xxxiv. 7. The Angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8. O taste and see that the Lord is good : blessed is the Man that TRUSTETH in him.
9. O FEAR the Lord, ye his Saints : for there is no Want to them that FEAR him.
Il. Come ye Children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the Fear of the Lord.
Pf. lvi. 4. In God I will praise his WORD, in God I have put my TRUST, I will not fear what Flelh can do unto me.
Ps. lxxxv. 9. Surely his SALVATION is nigh them that FEAR him.
PS. Ixxxix. 7. God is greatly to be FEARED in the Assembly of the Saints, and to be had in Reverence of all them that are about him.
Pf. ciii. 11. For as the Heaven is high above the Earth, fo great is his Mercy toward them that Fear him.
13. Like as a Father pitieth his Children: so the Lord pitieth them that FEAR himn.
17. The Mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that FEAR him: and his Rightcoufness unto Childrers Children.
P, PS. cxviii
. 4. Let them now that Fear the Lord say, that his Mercy endureth for ever.
PJ: cxlv. 19. He will fulfil the Desire of them that pear him : he also will hear their Cry, and will save them.
Prov. i. 7. The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Knowledge : but Fools despise Wisdom and Instruction.
Chap. xiv. 26. In the Fear of the Lord is strong Confidence ; and his Children shall have a Place of Refuge.
27. The Fear of the Lord is a Fountain of LIFE, to depart from the Snares of Death.
Chap. xvi. 6. By Mercy and Truth Iniquity is purged: and by the Fear of the Lord, Men depart fron Evil.
Ecclef. xii. 13. Let us hear the Conclusion of the whole Matter, Fear God, and keep his Commandments: for this is the whole Duty of Man.
Isai. viii. 12. Fear ye not their Fear, nor be afraid.
13. SANCTIFY the Lord of Hofts himself, and let him be your FEAR, and let him be
DREAD. Chap. xli. 10. Fear thou not, for I am with thee : be not dismayed, for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right Hand of my Righteousness.
Chap. xliii. 1. But now thus faith the Lord that created thee,
Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not : for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy Name, thou art mine.
2. When thou passes through the Waters, I will be with thee ; and through the Rivers, they Thall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the Fire, thou shalt not be burnt ; neither Chall the Flame kindle
thee. Chap. li. 7. Hearken unto me, ye that know Righteousness, the People in whose Heart is my Law, Fear ye not the REPROACH of Men, neither be ye AFRAID of their Revilings.
8. For the Moth shall eat them up like a Garment, and the Worm shall eat them like Wool: but my Righteousness shall be for ever, and my SALVATION from Generation to Generation.
12. I, even I am he that comFORTETH you: who art thou that thou shouldit be AFRAID of a Man that shall die, and of the Son of Man which shall be made as Grass ?
Malachi iv. 2. But unto you that fear my Name, shall the Sun of Righteousness arise, with Healing in his Wings.
2 Cor. vii, 1. Having therefore these PROMISES (dearly beloved) let us cleanse our selves from all Filthiness of the Flesh and Spirit, perfeting Holiness in the fear of God. Heb. xii
. 28. Wherefore we receiving a Kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have GRACE, whereby we may serve God acceptably, with Reverence and CoDLY FEAR. 29. For our God is a consuming Fire.
Chap. xiii. 6. So that we may boldly fay, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not read what Man måll do unto me.
1 Pet. i. 17. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of Persons judgeth according to every Man's Work, pass the Time of your sojourning here in FEAR.
Chap. viii. 14. But and if ye suffer for Righteousness fake, happy are ye: and be not AFRAID of their Terror, neither be troubled :
15. But SANCTIFy the Lord God in your Hearts : and be ready always to give an Answer to every Man that asketh you a Rea. son of the Hope that is in you, with Meekness and FEAR.
Rev. xv. 3. And they fing the Song of Moses the Servant of God, and the Song of the LAMB, saying, Great and marvellous are thy Works, Lord God Almighty ; juft and true are thy Ways, thou King of SAINTS.
4. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and GLORIFY thy Name? for thou only art holy: For all Nations shall come and worship before thee ; for thy fudgments are made MANIFEST.
Of the Providence of God over all bis
R E not (d) five Sparrows fold for two Far
A things, and not one of them is FORGOTTEN be fore God?
7. But even the very Hairs of your Head are all pumbred. Fear not therefore : ye are of more Value than maay Sparrows.
(d) Job xii. 9. Who knoweth not in all these, that the HAND of the Lord hath wrought this?
10. In whose Hand is the Soul of every LIVING THing, and the Breath of all Mankind.
Chap. vii. 20. I have sinned, what shall I do unto thee, O thou Preserver of Men ?
Prov. XX. 24. Man's Goings are of the Lord, how can a Man then understand his own WAYS?
Psalm 1. 10. For every Beast of the Forest is mine, and the Cattle upon a thousand Hills.
11. I know all the Fowls of the Mountains : and the WILD BEASTS of the Field are mine,
Ps. xxxvi. 9. For with thee is the Fountain of Life: in thy Light shall we see Light.
Pl. civ. 12. By them shall the Fowls of the Heaven have their Habitation, which sing among the Branches.