« AnteriorContinuar »
end Salome, had bought
25. For I know that sweet Spices, that they might hall stand at the latter DAY
DEEMER LIVETH, and that he come and anoint him. [M.] upon the Earth. In the End of the Sabbach, 26. And though after my skin, as it began to dawn towards Worms deftroy this Body, yet in
MY FLESH shall I see God. the first Day of the Week, 27. Whom I shall see tor my self, came Mary Magdalene, and and mine Eyes shall behold, and the other Mary, to fee the not another ; though my Reins be
coníumed within ine. Sepulchre : [Mr.) And very Psal. xvi. 8. I have sec the Lord early in the Morning, the always before me: because he is at FIRST Day of the Week, my right hand, I shall not be movthey come unto the Sepulchre 9. Therefore my Heart is glad, at the Rifing of the Sun, [L.] and my Glory rejoicech : my bringing the Spices which FLESH also shall rest in Hore.
10. For thou wilt not leave my they had prepared, and cer- Soul in Hell ; neither wilt thou tain others with them. [M.] luffer thine HOLY ONE to scc CorAnd behold, there was a ruption.
11. Thou wilt Thew me the Path great EARTHQUAKE;
of Life : In thy Prelence is Fulthe ANGEL of the Lord de- NESS of Joy, at thy right Hand fcended from Heaven, and there are Pleasures for evermore. came and rolled back the neem my soul from the Power Stone from the Door, and of the Grave; for he shall receive fat upon it. His Counte- me.
Ifai. xxvi. 19. Thy dead Men NANCE was like Light
shall live, together with thy dead NING, and his Raiment Body shall they ARISE: Awake and white as Snow. And for fing, yc that DWELL in Dust; fear of him, the Keepers and the Earth shall cast out the
for thy Dew is as the Dew of Herbs, did shake, and became as Drad. dead Men.
Chap. Ix. 3. And the Gentiles shall come to thy Light, and KINGS to the Brightness of thy RISING.
Hos. xiii. 14. I will ranfom them
from the Power of the Grave : 1 Christ's Refurre&tion will redeem them from Death : 0 is first manifested to the Death, will be thy Plagues ;
Grave, I will be thy Deltru&tion. Women, by the Testimony fear any Name, Thall the sun of of Angels.
RIGHTEOUSNESS arise, with Healing in his Wings
John x. 17. Therefore doth my
Father love me, because I lay down mong themselves, my Life, that I might take it Who shall roll us away the AGAIN. Stone from the Door of the
18. No Man takech it from me,
but I lay it down of my felf: I Sepulchre ? for it was very have power to lay it down, and I great. And when they look have power to TAKE IT AGAIN. ed,
[Mr.) AD they faida
ed, they saw that the Stone This Commandmeat have I receir. rolled
ed of my Father. away. (L.) And
Afts íí. 24. Whom God bath they found the Stone rolled RAISED up, having Loosed the away from the Sepulchre : Pains of Death: because it was and they entred in, and not possible that he should be HOL
DEN of it. found not the Body of the
31. Hc (David) secing this beLord Jesus. [7.] And Ma- fore, spake of the RESURRECry Magdalene feeth the Stone TION of Christ, that his Soul was
not left in Heil, neither his FLESH taken away from the Sepul- did see CORRUPTION. chre. [L.] And it came to 32. This Jefus hath God RAIS
ed pass, as they were much
up, whereof we all arc Witne
les. plexed thereabout, behold,
Chap. iv. 10. Be it known upto two Men stood by them in you all, and to all the People of SHINING GARMENTS. And Israel, that by the Name of Jesus as they were afraid, and bow- Christ of Nazareth, whom ye cro
citied, whom God RAISED from ed down their Faces to the the Dead, even by him doth this Earth, they said unto them, Man stand here before you whole. Why seek ye the LIVING God having raised up his son Jefus,
Chap. iii. 26. Unto you fint, among the DEAD? He is sent bim to bless you ; in turning not here, but is R ISEN : Re- away every one of you from his member how he spake unto
Chap. v. 30. The God of our you when he was yet in Ga- Fathers railcd up, Jifus, whom ye lilee, saying, The Son of fiew, and hanged on a Tree. Man muít be delivered into with his right Hand, to be a Prince
31. Him hach God EXALTED the Hands of sinful Men, and a Saviour, to give Repentance and be crucified, and the to Israel, and Forgiveness or Sins. third Day rise again. And
Chap. X. 40. Him God RAISED they remembred his Words, openly.
up the third Day, and Thewed him ard returned from the Sepul- 41. Not to all the people, but unchre, and told all these Things to Witnesses chosen before ot God, unto the Eleven, and to all with him after hic rose from the
even to us, who did cat and drink the reft. It was Mary Mag- DEAD). dalene, and Foanull, and Chap. xvii. 31. And hath appoiniMary the Mother of James, the World in Righteousness, by that
ed a Day in the which he will judge and other Women that were Man whom he hath ordained ; with them, which told these whereof he hath given Assurance Things to the Apostles. And unto all Men, in that he hath rail
ed him from the Dead. their Words feenied to them
Rom. i. 3. Concerning his Son as idle Tales, and they be- Jefus Christ our Lord, which was lieved them nor.
made of the Seed of David according to the Flesh,
4. And declared to be the Son of God with Power, according to the
Spirit of Holiness, by the RclurtecPeter tion from the Dead.
Chap. iv. 23. Now it was not
written for his fake alone, that it Peter and John run to the was imputed to him
24. But for us also, to whom ic Sepulcbre.
Thall be imputed, if we BELIEVE on him that RAISED up Jefus our
Lord from the Dead, ND Mary Magda- 25. Who was delivered for our lene cometh to Si- for our justification.
Offences, and was RAISED again mon Peter, and to the other
Chap. vi. 4. Therefore we are buDisciple whom Jesus loved, ried with him by Baptism into and faith unto them, They Death: that like as Christ was Kais. have taken away the Lord of the Father, even lo we allo out of the Sepulchre, and we thould walk in newness of Life. know not where they have s. For if we have been planted laid him. Peter therefore Death: we thall be also in the Like.
together in the Likeness of his went forth, and that other ness of his RESURRECTION. Disciple, and came to the Sc- 9. Knowing that Chrift being pulchre.' So they ran both RAISED from the Dead, dieth no
more ; Death hath no more Domitogether, and the other Dif- nion over him. ciple did out-run Peter, and Chap. viii. 11. But if the Spirit came first to the Sepulchre. the Dead dwell in you , he that
of him that raised up Jefus from And he stooping down, and RAISED Up Christ from the Dead, looking in, faw the linen fall also quicken your mortal BoClothes lying, yet went he dies, by his Spirit that dwelleth in
you. not in. Then cometh Simon
1 Cor. xv. 3. For I delivered unPeter following him, and to you first of all, that which I also went into the Sepulchre, and received, how that Christ died for
our Sins, according to the Scripseeth the linen Clothes lie, and the Napkin that was a- 4. And that he was buried, and bout his Head, not lying that he Rose again the third Day with the linen Clothes, but according to the Scriptures :
s. And that he was seen of Cewrapped together in a Place phas, then of the Twelve. by itself. Then went in al
6. After that, he was seen of afó that other Disciple, which once : of whom the greater Part
bove FIVE HUNDRED Brethren at came first to the Sepulcbre, remain unto this present, but some and he saw, and BELIEVED. are fallen asleep. For as yet they knew not fames; then of all the Apostles.
7. After that, he was seen of the Scripture, that he must 8. And last of all he was seen of RISE again from the Dead. me also, as of one born out of duc
time. Then the Disciples went a
9. For I am the least of the Away again unto their own postles, that am not meet to be cal. Home.
led an Apostle, because I persecut ed the Church of God.
11. Therefore whether it were I CHRIST'S
or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
12. Now if Chrift be preached
that he ROSE from the Dead, how CHRIST's firft Appari- lay some among you, That there is tion after be was Dead Resurrection
of the Dead
13. But if there be no RESURto Mary Magdalen. RECTION of the Dead, then is
Christ not risen.
14. And if Christ be not RISEX, out at the Sepulchre, your Faith is also VÄIN. WEEPING : and as she
15. Yea, and we are found false
Witnesses of God; because we have She stooped down, and look testified of God, that he railed up ed into the Sepulchre, and Chrift: whom he raised not up, seeth TWO ANGELS in white, if fo be that the Dead Rise not fitting, the one at the Head, is Chrif not raised
16. For if the Dead rise not, cben and the other at the Feet,
17. And if Christ be pot RAISED, where the Body of Jesus had your FAITH is váin, ye are yet in lain : And they say unto her, your Sins, Woman, why weepest thou? fallen asleep in Chrift, are pershed.
18. Then they also which are She faith unto them, Be 20. But now is Chrift RISEN cause they have taken away Firli-fruits of them that slept
from the Dead, and become the my Lord, and I know not
21. For since by Man came Death, where they have laid him. by Man came also the Resurrection And when the had thus faid, of the Dead. The turned herself back, and so in Christ thall all be made alive.
22. For as in Adam all die, eren faw Fesus standing, and knew si. Behold, I shew you a MY3not that it was Fefils. fe- TERY; We fhall not all ileep, but
we shall all be changed, Sus said unto her, Woman,
52. In a Moment, in the twink. why weepest thou? whom ling of an Eye, at the last Trump seekeit thou ? She fuppof- (tor the Trumpet shall sound) and ing him to be the Gardener, ruptible, and we shall be changed. faith unto him, Sir, If thou
53. For this corruptible mut put have born him hence, tell me on INCORRUPTION, and this morwhere thou hast laid him,
tal mult put on IMMORTALITY. änd I will take him away : have put on Incorruption, and this
54. So when this corruptible hall Fesus saith unto her, Mary. mortal shall have put on ImmortsShe turned herself, and faith licy, then shall be brought to pais unto him, Rabboni, which is swallowed up in VICTORY.
the Saying that is written, DEATH is to say, Mafter. Jesus 55. O. DEATH, where is thy faith, unto her, Touch me STING? O Grave, where is thy
Vi&tory? not : for I am not yet as
36. 'The STING of Death is Sux; CENDED to my FATHER: and the Strength of Sin is the Law. But go to my BRETHREN, 57. But Thanks be to God which and lay unto them, I As giveth us the VICTORY, through
our Lord Je[165 Christ. CEND unto my Father, and
2. Cor iv. 14. Knowing, that he
which Raised up the Lord Jes, God, and your God. Mr.] and shall present us with you.
Thall RAISE 15 up also by Jeft., , Now
and to my
Now when Jesus was risen, Christ contraineth us, because we
Chap. v. 14. For the Love of early the first Day of the thus judge, that if one died for all, Week, he appeared first to then were all dead : Mary Magdalene, out of 15. And that he died for all, that whom he had cast seven forth live unto themselves, but un
they which LIVE, should not hence. Devils. And she[F] Ma- to him which died for them, and ry Magdalene came and told Rose again. [Mr.) the (F.) Disciples, after
Ephef. i. 15. Wherefore I also,
heard of your Faith in the Mr.] that had been with Lord Jesus, and Love unto all the him, as they mourned and Saints,
16. Cease not to give Thanks for wept. (7.) that she had seen the LORD, and that he had you, making mention of you in
my Prayers; fpoken these Things unto 17. That the God of our Lord Jesus her. (Mr.] And they, when Christ, the Father of Glory,may give
you the Spirit of WISDOM, and they had heard that he was Revelation in theKnowledge of him: ALIVE, and had been seen
18. The Eyes of your Underof her, BELIEVED NOT.
standing, being enlightned ; that ye may know what is the Hope of
his CALLING, and what the Rich************* Es of the Glory
of his Inheritance *
in the SAINTS,
19. And what is the exceeding The Speech of the Angel to Greatness of his power to lis-wară
who believe, according to the workthe Women returning to ing of his MIGHTY POWER. the Sepulcbre.
20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he RAISED him from the
Dead, and set him at his own right [Mr.)AND the Women Hand in the heavenly Places: , entring into the
LITY, and Power, and Might, Sepulchre, they saw a young and DOMINION, and every Name Man fitting on the right Side, that is named, not only in this cloathed in a long white World, but also in that which is Garment, and they were af- to come.
22. And hath put all Things unfrighted. (M.]. And the der his feet, and gave 'him to be ANGEL answered and said the Head over all Things to the [Mr.] unto them, Be not af. Church,
23. Which is his Body, the Fulfrighted : [M.] FEAR not neis of him that filleth all in all. ye: for I know that ye seek Chap. ii. 4. But God, who is Jesus (Mr.) of Nazareth, rich in Mercy, for his great Love
wherewith he loved 11s, which was crucified. [M.] s. Even when we were dead in He is not here : for he is Sins, hath QUICKNER us together RISEN, as he said : Come, with Chrift (by Grace ye are laved)
6. And hach RAISED us up tosee the place where the Lord gether, and made us fit together in lay. [Mr.) Behold the Place · hcavenly Places in Chrift fcres. where they laid him. But
Phil.'iii. 10. That I may KNOW
him, and the Power of his Relurgo your way, (M.) and go rection, and the Fellow lhip of his