« AnteriorContinuar »
Jackson, Samuel W.
* Died January 23, 1873. † Appointed in place of Mr. Rumsey, resigned.
Appointed in place of Mr. Cassidy, deceased. Resigned January 9, 1873.
Hiram Calkins, Clerk..
CONSTITUTIONAL COMMISSION COMMITTEES, 1873.
1. On articles one and two of the Constitution -- the bill of rights, and suffrage, and
qualific.tion to hold office.
2. On the Legislature, how constituted, and compensation of its members.
3. On privileges and powers of the Legislature - general, local and special legisla
tion, its forms and safeguards, and official corruption.
4. On article four of the Constitution, the Governor, his powers and duties, Pringle, Morris,
5. On article five of the Constitution - the State officers. Robinson,
6. On the Canals.
7. On limitations of State appropriations --restriction of power to incur local indebt
edness - and corporations other than municipal,
8. On Municipal Reform.
9. On Education - the disposition and control of the funds and the supervision of
Common Schools and other educational institutions. Townsend,