« AnteriorContinuar »
LECTURE 1234– 1256.
ten and cast into the dungeon. and faithfulness.
38. 1. Jeremiah, again cast into a 1245. Cruel treatment of prisoners
dungeon, is drawn out.
an unchristian practice.
38. 14. Zedekiah conferreth secretly 1246. That the fearful and unbe-
lieving are the same.
39. i. Jerusalem is taken. The 1247. The equitable sentence
treatment of Zedekiah and Jere- which awaits all hereafter.
40. 1. Jeremiah repaireth to the new 1248. The providence of God over-
ruling the evil and the good.
41. 1. Ishmael slayeth Gedaliah, 1249. The abject condition to
but is put to flight by Johanan. which men are brought by sin.
42. 1. Jeremiah prayeth to God to 1250. The connexion of dissem-
direct the people.
bling and self deceit.
42. 13. The people are reproved for 1251. The infatuation of those who
dissembling in their hearts. choose a worldly life.
43. 1. Jeremiah is carried down to 1252. That we ought to bear wit-
Egypt, and prophesieth there. ness for Christ amongst the
44. 1. The remnant reproved for 1253. That repentance is not sure
their idolatry in Egypt.
to follow on affliction.
44. 15. The shameless avowal of 1254. The sure fulfilment of the
idolatry is severely rebuked. words of the Lord.
45. 1. Baruch being dejected is in- 1255. Against immoderate grief,
structed and consoled.
and worldly ambition.
46. 1. A great defeat of the host of 1256. That we ought to shrink
Egypt is foretold.
from sharing the lot of the world-
order to be comforted.
dence of godly sorrow.
terrors of the Lord.
sources of comfort.
presseth humility and hope. adversity.
for our good through Christ.
Zion's iniquity; and its end. mises to his people.
complaint to Him with prayer. ting on the terrors of eternity.
mises and appointsconditionally.
43. 12. The law of the house. The 1352. The holiness which becomes
ordinances of the altar.
44. 1. Of the east gate, and of the 1353. Outward ordinances and in-
Levites that went astray.