« AnteriorContinuar »
6. By what number do you divide to find onethird of any number? How do you find 2 thirds of a number?
7. How many roses are one-half of 8 roses?
8. If a woman divides 5 loaves of bread equally between 5 persons, what part will each person receive?
9. How many loaves are } of 5 loaves ? of 5 loaves ? of 5 loaves ?
10. How is } of a number found? of a number?
11. If 14 marbles are equally divided between 2 boys, how many marbles does each boy receive?
12. How many are 1 of 14? How many are 4 of 14? 13. One-fourth of 20 cents is how many cents ?
14. By what number do you divide to find onefourth of any number?
15. A man shot 12 pigeons and sold of them. How many had he left ?
16. A boy saw 18 fowls, ģ of which were white. How many were white ?
17. A boy having 40 cents, paid } of his money for pencils and so of it for paper.
How much did he have left?
18. A farmer sold 7 bushels of wheat for 28 dollars. What did he receive for one bushel ?
19. How many bushels are 7 of 28 bushels ? 20. How many bushels are 4 of 28 bushels ? 21. What is to of 20? What is of 56 ?
22. If 25 dollars is divided equally among 5 men, what part of the money will each receive ? How much will each receive?
1. A single thing is called a Unit.
10 12 27 35 42 59
4. Express in figures the following: Ten.
Forty-eight. Eighty-five. Thirteen. Sixty-four. Ninety. Twenty-five. Seventy-nine. Ninety-thrée. Thirty-two. Eighty-one. Ninety-nine.
5. Express in figures the following:
One ten, no units. One ten, one unit.
6. When two figures are written side by side what does the one at the right represent? What does the one at the left represent ?
7. How many tens and units in ninety-nine ? 8. If one is added to the 9 units, what is the result? 9. How many are 9 tens and 1 ten ? 10. How many tens make one hundred ? 11. Copy and read :
100 104 108 116 138 149
12. Express the following in figures :
One hundred, two tens, and five units.
Six hundred, seventy.
Five hundred, ninety. Seven hundred, thirty. 13. When three figures are written side by side, what does the one at the right represent?
The one next to it? The one at the left ?
14. Copy and read :
314 268 572
465 856 406 999
15. Express in figures the following:
Two hundred, ten.
The method of expressing numbers by figures is called the Arabic notation.
The method of reading numbers is called Numeration.
1. If 1 be added to nine hundred ninety-nine, how many hundreds will there be ?
2. To what are 10 hundreds equal ? One thousand.
1,000 1,004 1,016 1,323 1,548
Seven thousand, two hundred, fifty-six.
Five thousand, three hundred, twenty-eight.
10,000 18,000 22,005 35,012
9. Express in figures the following:
Ninety thousand, nine hundred, fifty-six.